On November 13, 2010, the City of Winnipeg hosted the Speak Up on Garbage Expo to kick off a six-month public involvement campaign for the Garbage and Recycling Master Plan.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Speak Up on Garbage Expo by coming out, emailing and calling us with your ideas and vision. Together we made Winnipeg’s biggest public conversation on garbage, recycling and composting a great success!
The results of that day are collected here and they will help shape our vision for future of garbage and recycling services in Winnipeg.
Greetings from the Mayor and an Elder blessing
- Victoria Reinhardt Ramsey County Commissioner, Minnesota
- Tom Ethans Executive Director, Take Pride Winnipeg!
- Tom Keep Environmental Initiative Manager, City of Brandon
- Dwight Mercer Eco Research, Regina
Closing Presentation (PDF)
Our panel presented a summary and wrap up of the Round Table discussions
Documents and supporting information
- SpeakUp on Garbage Ad
- Press release: Winnipeg Residents Invited to “Speak Up on Garbage Expo”
*Comments have temporarily been disabled on this page for maintenance.